Making a Difference Awards
The Borough Council’s Annual Making a Difference Awards, recognise the contribution that volunteers make in strengthening our community, and improving the quality of life for residents. The awards recognise both individual and group volunteering contributions.
Residents are invited to nominate a person or group that deserves recognition for the help they give to others.
Reasons why people volunteer
- Contributing to a worthwhile cause
- Connecting with my community
- Experiencing new lifestyles and cultures
- Meeting new friends
- Having more time to give after retirement
- Boost your CV and career prospects
- Gain work experience and learn new skills
- Improves confidence and well-being
Recognition for people doing great things in the community.
Register your interest in Community Volunteering - General Volunteering
For those wanting to assist in community initiatives relating to coronavirus outbreak please follow the link to complete a specialised form: https://forms.gle/R9QNcSvAXqZ1SwN17